The latest residential security options have become increasingly more intelligent. But, unfortunately, it doesn't take much to forget to perform simple security duties like arming your a home security system, shutting the garage door, or even securing your front door.
Would you like it if you didn’t have to concern yourself with these chores again? With geofencing in Omaha, you don’t have to.
What is Geofencing In Omaha For Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual perimeter around your house, which you may customize within your smart security app. This convenient tool then tracks your cell phone to determine when you go beyond the border and then puts in motion your “leaving-the-house” automations.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart devices use to communicate with each other. This technological advancement aids your security system by centralizing all components onto one, unified network. You can then set up a unique boundary along the perimeter of your home and assign what actions you want to take place when you move beyond the specified border.
For instance, as soon as you exit your property, you may set your security system to lock doors, lower the garage door, and arm your alarms. Then, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing could be set to alert your system to disengage the alarm, open the garage, activate lighting, and even adjust your your home’s comfort levels.
Below are some of the components you can command with geofencing:
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance and alarms
● Various electronics including speakers or TVs
● Overhead doors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are All Possible With ADT Control
Geofencing is one of the many ways you can utilize your property’s security system in Omaha. When accessing the security app, you have the ability to do a lot with smart home automation. In a few easy touches of the app interface, and you have the opportunity to:
● Enable Scheduling: set your smart components to operate at a specific time. Direct various lights to lower to signal that it's bedtime, or disarm your home’s alarm the first thing in the morning.
● Control device interactions: Make particular components come alive based on another activity. Instruct your thermostat to turn on the exhaust fan if the CO detector is set off. Or turn on your smart bulb in the hallway if your doorbell camera detects abnormal activity around your property.
● Preprogram scenes: Make custom room scenes with components that function in harmony together. Make your smart bulbs lower, the A/C go down, and the smart door locks engage at the end of the day. Or set the mood for a movie marathon with preset light and temperature adjustments.
● Geofence your security: There may be times when you fail to arm the security system when you're running late for work. With geofencing capability and your cell phone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to arm the system and lower the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Omaha
Whether you’re looking for extra certainty of a safe, secure home whenever you go to work or you want to take advantage of home automation, geofencing is a wise choice. Contact one of our knowledgeable team members today at (402) 277-9885 or submit the following form to get started on your perfect security system.