How to Get the Most From A Home Security Cameras In Omaha
Home security cameras can simply be used as a hindrance—something that notifies would-be thieves or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can utilize your video surveillance to tighten your home’s defenses.
Thankfully, the latest security cameras are armed with an array of tools all tailor-made to deliver all-encompassing protection for your residence. Whether it’s recording capabilities and two-way talk or infrared dark vision and lightning-quick motion sensors, these tools enable you to have the most from video surveillance in Omaha.
How To Set Up Your Omaha Video Surveillance For Premiere Protection
The first step to upgrading your home security cameras is installing your devices in the best spots around your home. Indoor security cameras work best when placed in common rooms such as the living room or den. It’s also a good move to set a camera pointed at main doors, stairs, or other common areas criminals would have to move around to get to the rest of your home. Outdoor security cameras ideally provide a clear view of your front door, front walk, and yards, garage, and other exterior detached constructions, like sheds. You can always access a view of your main entryway with a discreet doorbell camera.
There are areas inside your home that aren’t quite as important to watch like bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Even if you have jewelry in your bedroom, placing a camera in the vicinity can impact your privacy. You can always add window or motion sensors if you want a measure of device in bedrooms.
Additions That Enhance Security Cameras
Camera layout is only the foundation for getting the all you can out of home security cameras in Omaha. The additions described below help to optimize security and enhance overall home security.
- Motion detection: Receive automatic notifications on your mobile device anytime strange motion is sensed. You can also configure cameras to start recording when movements are detected which serves to increase camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Configure your video surveillance to capture footage and back up clips for easy viewing later.
- 2-way talk: Most of modern security cameras include a built-in microphone and speaker so you are able to converse with anyone through the unit. With ADT Control, you can make it seem you’re inside the building or welcome your kids as they come home from school.
- Field of view: Field of view determines how much a security camera can see, and allows for a more comprehensive look at what where you want to protect. Look for cameras that have a minimum of 120-degree angle lens or that are able to pan in a wide arc for optimum visibility.
- Night vision: Double check that your security cameras are equipped with either LED or infrared sensors that can pick up video of overnight movement.
- Activity zones: Activity zones give you the freedom to guard specific areas within your home.. For example, you can program your doorbell camera to notify you of activity happening on your yard or your driveway and disregard animals passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- Security app: mobile app, like ADT Control®, allow you to view live camera footage, control cameras, toggle on and off the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app can send timely alerts when the sense something unusual taking place around your house.
Get Your Video Surveillance Today
Achieving the most out of your home security cameras in Omaha is easier. From ultra fast motion detection to 2-way audio, your home security system is elevated from just a deterrent to an impenetrable defense. Call (402) 277-9885 or fill out the form below to begin building your security system today.