What To Know About Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Omaha
You realize you must protect your home. Above all else, it’s the place where your loved ones live and is where you keep your belongings. But what is the best form of home protection? Determining if you should get round-the-clock monitoring is one of the leading considerations you must make. Learn more about the pros and cons of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Omaha and get a better idea of what’s ideal for you.
Differences Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you choose 24-hour monitoring, your home’s defense links to a third-party monitoring organization that is ready to provide help at all times. When a door sensor triggers or a CO detector starts to sound, your monitoring agents get an immediate warning. They will work quickly to verify the alarm and dispatch the appropriate first responders.
On the contrary, an unmonitored security system doesn’t include professional backup. You can consider this to be self-monitoring, meaning that if an alarm sounds, you have to act to get it resolved. This option is the less expensive alternative, but it also puts all the responsibility on you.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of A Monitored Security System In Omaha
Here’s a quick look at the pros and cons of a monitored security system.
Benefits Of Monitored Systems
- Elevated security: Having 24-hour support in place is always a good choice. If you are away from home, sleeping, or without access to your cell phone, your property and its occupants will still be watched over.
- Faster response times: Monitoring professionals are always standing by to help. They’ll respond in a speedier fashion to emergencies than you can on your own.
- Insurance reductions: Monitored home security systems might qualify you for a homeowners insurance price cut.
- Superior equipment and flawless integration: By getting tools, installation, and monitoring from a respected home security expert, you will gain access to a fully integrated system with devices that may be better than what you will find on your own.
Downsides Of A Monitored System
- Fee: There is a monthly fee for monitoring.
- Typically required to use professional installation: Countless people would prefer to have the install done by skilled professionals, but some DIYers might want to handle it on their own.
- Required to sign a contract: You will generally need to sign a contract when opting for monitoring. This is likely to be agreeable for numerous residents as home security is a service you will want for the long haul.
Benefits And Downsides Of An Unmonitored Security System In Omaha
Here’s a short overview of the benefits and downsides of an unmonitored security system.
Pros Of An Unmonitored System
- Affordability: You won’t incur a monitoring bill.
- Install on your own: Do-it-yourselfers might consider this a pro as they can install the system themselves and avoid an extra fee. Other residents will prefer going with a professional.
- Greater Flexibility: You are able to integrate components when you desire - and from different manufacturers. However, you could find incorporating into a cohesive system a challenge.
- Control: There won’t be an outside company monitoring your system. If an urgent situation arises, you’re in control of getting help.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No support: What happens when you’re away from your phone and don’t see a security alert? This scenario will lead to added stress and lower your peace of mind.
- Requires your total attention: Since you are the only one in control, you must never stray too far from your home security app.
- Connecting the system is up to you: If you want assistance during an installation, you may have to employ a separate service professional. The installation process is also likely to take more time.
Stay Protected With a Monitored Home Security System In Omaha
Stay protected 24/7 with a monitored home security system in Omaha from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We think you’ll agree that a comprehensive, monitored home security system is the best solution for your family. Dial (402) 277-9885 today to speak with our security experts.